Followers

Monday, August 1, 2011

Stampsmith Challenge # 19 - Teal and Yellow

This is my second time entering a card into a Stampsmith Challenge! For Challenge # 19, we are permitted to use other than Stampsmith images, but we must include yellow and teal somewhere on our card. I chose various background papers in teal and yellow hues and cut them into 1.5 inch squares to cover the front of my card. For my main image, I shaded glossy paper with Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass and Antique Linen. I then stamped "Love Under the Stars" by Stampsmith on the glossy paper with Black Memento ink. I added tulle netting over the image to soften the image and secured the image to the card front with Kraft photo corners. I stamped several phrased in French from the Paris plate by Stampsmith and adhered them to several of the card squares. To complete my card I added vintage buttons, heart stickers by Martha Stewart, seam binding and a gauze flower by Tim Holtz. (Thanks to Debbie Reid for sharing the source of these really cool gauze flowers.)

7 comments:

Valerie H. Marshall said...

I love the background you've created with these lovely papers, Yvonne! I'm so glad you've joined us for the Stampsmith Challenge this week! Best of luck in the draw!
Val :)

Suze Bain said...

A fabulous image and I love the different textures in the background. xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful creation love all the little squares and the central image is just gorgeous.

Marie

Anonymous said...

Yvonne it is lovely to see you return for another challenge.
You used the colours so beautifully and loved how you coloured in the image.
Wishing you good luck with the prize draw and hope to see you return time and time again.
Wishes
Lynne

Karen McAlpine said...

Hi Yvonne! Love how you cut up the DP in squares..it makes a great background for this image. Fabulous use of the Teal and yellow. Thanks for joining us at the Stampsmith challenge!!

A.J said...

Really lovely combo. The Tulle is an interesting touch.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea Yvonne! So inspiring!
Alison x