Followers

Monday, August 15, 2011

Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Handmade Flowers

Wow! These past few days have been a doozy! I won't bore you with the details as I know there is always, always someone out there with more going on than me. I was so anxious to learn of the challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges for their second challenge. It is "Handmade Flowers." Yikes! I have no dies that make flowers! I recalled seeing some time ago on someone's blog that they punched a hole in a round circle cut out and secured ribbon to it and then started twirling the ribbon to make a rose bud, and so, with no other option coming to mind, I began. A woman I worked with had given me an entire reel of very old satin ribbon. I twirled a piece into a rosette of sorts. My main image and sentiment are by Artistic Outpost from the Gatsby plate. I added some rust colored rose leaves I just picked up from a clearance rack and a butterfly from Mr. Holtz, along with more satin ribbon, a doily and some liquid pearls in copper. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else came up with this week. My sincere congratulations to the winners from the first challenge! Well deserved. Yvonne

5 comments:

Shirl said...

Wow those colour tones just pop Yvonne. You worked wonders with the ribbon, the flower is gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing this adorable card with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Debbie said...

Beautiful delicate card! Love the colours and your design! Great image! Fabulous flower! WOW!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Oh, your card is gorgeous! The colours look so elegant and beautifully vintage. And the flower looks stunning - see, you don't need fancy dies to create a floral beauty! ;)

Thank you for joining us at the Fashionable Stamping Challenges and good luck!

Mrs.B said...

Beautiful card and I love your ribbon rose.
Have just found your blog, so now I am a follower!
Avril xx

Fliss said...

Really gorgeous card Yvonne. The colours are lovely and the rosebud is absolutely amazing! A really clever idea.
So glad you entered the challenge too.
Hugs, Fliss xx