Followers

Monday, August 1, 2011

365 Cards - Day 152 - Saturday Background Challenge

Great week of Challenges at 365 Cards. We've been working on backgrounds all week. For Day 152, we finish with painting the background of our cards. Not something I normally do! I dug out some old Folk Art paint bottles, selected a pale yellow and green, and dry brushed first the yellow and than the green onto the entire card front. I thought the green/yellow background would look nice set off with black so I tore a piece of tissue rescued from a shoe box and adhered it to the left side of my card. For my focal image, I stamped this gentleman called "Dreamer" by Art Declassified, colored it with Copic Markers and matted it in black and green. The sentiment is by Artistic Outpost and I thought went well with a dreamer. To finalize my card, I added black buttons, black liquid pearls and black and white check ribbon. Looking forward to a new week of challenges. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Yvonne

1 comment:

Pam said...

This is fabulous!!