Followers

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Love is Simply Magical

Hello everyone!  I hope your weekend is going well.  Once again, the days have clicked by and it is time for a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.  For the next two weeks, the theme is Magical or Mystical.  Unlike my Design Team sisters, I was pretty well stumped as to what to create until my Dear Husband suggested I create a card based on the Beatles' song: Magical Mystery Tour.  Unfortunately, only a portion of the stamps I ordered arrived in time, probably due to the Memorial Day.  So....I decided to go with this dear little fairy stamp by Lost Coast Designs.  I began by layering a background paper to my card base and then layered a strip of paper lace from the Funkie Junkie Boutique and some Idea-olgy gauze flowers, tinted with Peacock Distress Ink.  The fairy was stamped with Black StazOn Ink on white card stock and watercolored with Distress Inks.  The bow above the fairy is from Character Constructions.  The ChitChat stickers are by Idea-ology and the corrugated heart was a thank you gift for placing an order at the Funkie Junkie Boutique. Finishing touches include turquoise thread, cheese cloth, pearls and Ranger Stickles.

I hope you will drop over to see the absolutely gorgeous inspiration pieces created by the Design Team.  I hope, too, you will consider joining the challenge by submitting a project of your own.  You will want to check FSC for all the details and remember, ours is a stamping challenge, so no digis are permitted.    Thanks for dropping by today.  Best wishes, Yvonne

14 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Yvonne...your layers and thoughts on this one are just beautiful - and definitely very magical! The gauze flowers give an overall lightness to the whole card. I hope your stamps arrive soon and you still want to make the magical mystery tour card...I'ld love to see that too!
Dot x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Yvonne, that's a dream in blue, fantastic card with wonderful details, love the corrugated heart.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Love the layering on this design. Great colours, blue really is one of my favourites.

Mrs.B said...

Hi Yvonne, this is gorgeous, beautiful colours, so soft and delicate creating the sense of magical childhoods. Love it.
Have a great weekend.
Avril xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous Yvonne, love the image and the flowers and doily trim are gorgeous. Love the heart too. Lovely. Tracy x

Brenda Brown said...

Yvonne this is just divine, such a beautiful card. I love the little fairy and her wings and the other elements you have included match and fit perfectly.
Hope you are having a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Yvonne, the paper lace is a lovely touch as is the gauze. Sue C x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Lovely layering Yvonne, great blues...

greetings, Alie :-)

Ephemera said...

Hi Yvonne, loving your gorgeous card, such a great idea to use a Beatles song, beautiful layout and such a cute stamp. Have a great day. xx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Sweet, delicate, romantic - simply magical! Love the heart :) xx

Terry said...

Don't you just love it when a hubby gives us an idea! This is so pretty and I love the delicate touches you addes along the way! I sure hope all is going well for you! Been very busy and hope to catch up really soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne
Well isn't this just incredibly pretty with all those layers and beautiful touches.
Wishes
Lynne

Inky Angel said...

Love the richness of the blue color you used, and just the right amount of texture and bling to make this card pop.
Wishes,
Katie

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is so beautiful Yvonne, the little fairy is just too darling! The blues are really wonderful, especially against the white doily and white corrugated heart. I always love to see cheesecloth too - so wonderfully shabby. I was just about to do the drawing for Sunday Share and realized that the week got away from me and I never stopped by to thank you for playing along this week. I really appreciate your continued support of Sunday Share and wish you the best of luck in this week's drawing!

Hope you are doing well!

Hugs,
Linda