Followers

Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Button and A Bow

I am sharing a card this evening that I created for a rather new to me challenge over at Our Creative Corner.  They have an amazing Design Team with a huge spectrum of styles, and some unique challenges.  For their newest, the host:  Linda Coughlin called it easy peasy, and I must agree.  The challenge is simply to include a button and burlap or a button and a bow on your creation.  My card includes a designer paper background panel.  I am trying to move away from premade panels, but this one was just too beautiful to overlook.  The stamped image by Crafty Individuals was stamped onto muslin and the edges were frayed.  (Another first for me, stamping on fabric!)  I found this reel of gorgeous, vintage turquoise seam binding at an old sewing factory and used it for my bow.  The button is also vintage and sits atop two gold skeleton leaves.  The snippet of lace is from the Funkie Junkie Boutique as are the Chit Chat Stickers.  The golden Butterfly is from Martha Stewart.  Thanks so much for dropping by today.  Best wishes, Yvonne 

4 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW...the texture here is amazing...the leaves, the butterflies, the lace, the buttons, all gorgeous!!!

Brenda Brown said...

Love the turquoise colouring, the fabulous image and the other elements on this great card Yvonne.
hugs {brenda] xox

Silvia(Barnie) said...

An amazing card with wonderful details.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Holy moly, Yvonne, this is wonderful! What a darling image of the young girl and it looks totally fabulous stamped on the muslin. That turquoise seam binding is absolutely delish! And the leaves and lace are the perfect finishers. Terrific take on the Buttons 'n Burlap or Bows challenge at Our Creative Corner. I am so pleased that you joined in the fun with us this week.

Hugs,
Linda