Followers

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ten of Something


There's a new challenge over at Our Creative Corner this week.  We are to make a card with ten of something on it.  I decided to add ten buttons to my card!  I just returned from my husband's convention.  The soap in our room came wrapped in this satiny, waxy paper and was boxed in corrugated cardboard.  It occurred to me that these components would work well in card making.  I stamped the gentlemen from the French Flight plate by Artistic Outpost onto the wax paper with Black StazOn Ink.  More images from the same plate were stamped onto the Kraft card base with more Black StazOn Ink and Barn Door Distress Ink.  The buttons are tied with burlap string, which I acquired from the Funkie Junkie Boutique.  I'll be submitting this card to the Sunday Share at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog as well.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Best wishes, Yvonne

5 comments:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Yvonne,
the card looks fabulous.Love how you tied it with the burlab string.Perfect.
Have a great day.
XO Marie

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card, love all the buttons.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love those 10 buttons...fantastic and unusual shape! This whole design is fantastic! I love every element and that image is vintage yumminess Yvonne! Thank you so much for this beautiful design and for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is so cool, Yvonne. Love your thought process in upcycling the soap wrappers! The stamping looks amazing on the crinkled paper. And those buttons are super gorgeous. I actually have that set in my stash, have had them for several years and never want to use them! Maybe you have inspired me to get them out and make use of them. SO happy to have you joining in the fun with us at both Our Creative Corner and Sunday Share. Thanks so much for linking up.

Hugs,
Linda

Lynn Stevens said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! this one! Awesome collage!
hugs Lynn