Followers

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Nature: Discover Your World!

Greetings!  It is hard to believe another fortnight has rolled around, and here we are with a new challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.  This time around, our challenge is to make a project with a theme around "Nature."  Now you could go one of many directions:  Butterflies, flowers, trees, mushrooms and on and on!  I chose birds, on of my absolute favorites.  I began by layering a background panel to my card base.  The panel was monoprinted using a GelliArts plate.  The fern-like stamps on the panel are from Hero Arts.  The rest of the images are from Artistic Outpost and were stamped with Black StazOn ink onto Ranger Specialty Paper.  This was the first time I ever used the Specialty Paper and I was very happy with the results.  The images are very crisp and detailed.  The images were colored with Distress Markers and the edges were distressed with Old Paper Distress Ink.  The vintage button and liquid pearls were from my stash.  The white jute and black burlap string are from the Funkie Junkie Boutique.  My Design Team Sisters have once again come up with spectacular inspiration pieces for your enjoyment.  I hope you will pop on over and take a look, leave them so love and then submit an inspiring piece of your own! Please remember that Digis are not permitted, as we are a stamping challenge.  Thanks so much for dropping by!  Best wishes, Yvonne

16 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I so need a gelli arts plate...your background is positively stunning! I love how you used the AO images as well! Gorgeous piece Yvonne!!!

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Yvonne...wow, so much to love about this card! The colours are amazing and the background is awesome. I agree, the stamping is very crisp and clear on the specialty paper...it looks fabulous.
Dot x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Yvonne, love the background and the added touch of the feather is fab ! Sue C x

Shirl said...

Yvonne your colour scheme is so cool all looks beautiful, have to check out that GelliArts plate mmmm sounds interesting.

Hugs Shirley x x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Wooow, your card is stunning Yvonne! I looove the colour of the background and how it makes the stamped images pop. Absolutely gorgeous!!! xx

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous design, I love the rich bakground colour.

Meggymay said...

Fabulous background, it makes the images pop off the page, totally gorgeous piece.
Yvonne x

Fliss said...

A gorgeous card Yvonne. Just love the rich coloured background which makes all the fabulous stamping really pop.
Hope all is well with you and yours.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne
I love that background and have definitely been interested in this new product.
The intense colour it reminds me of berries.
A wonderful card.
Wishes
Lynne

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Yvonne, the colours are so beautiful and I love those stamps! Hope you've had a good weekend
Claire xx

Brenda Brown said...

Such a beautiful card Yvonne. I just love the colours and stamps you have chosen and all the elements you have put together are perfectly balanced.
hugs {brenda] xox

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really pretty, I love the colour and the bird and nest are fabulous
Lindsay xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's really a stunner. Great colors and wonderful images.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Yvonne, and the images do looks very clear. Love all the interesting details you have included on this.
Avril xx

Terry said...

I do keep thinking about those plates, but then it will be one more item to house! Yvonne, this card is a beautiful tribute to nature! Lovely!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just lovely, Yvonne. The colors are spectacular, as is your Gelli background. Beautiful images and I love the sentiment. So great to have you linking every week with Sunday Share. Thanks for all the support of the Frilly and Funkie blog!

Hugs,
Linda