Followers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Walk through the Tulips

Happy Thursday everyone! My house is crawling with technicians today. Putting in a sump pump (think concrete dust pouring out of your floor boards) and having the front of our home painted (trying to chop it into manageable pieces financially). I knew I had to be home today while they were here as we are using oil-based paint (think fumes) and would need to leave the doors open to the world so I stayed up to the wee hours last evening trying to get a few cards made. This is for the current Make My Monday Challenge. We continue with Spring as the March long theme and for Week 40 we are asked to make a card for either Mother's Day or a Thank You card. My mother, sadly, is no longer with us, so I opted for a thank you card instead. Except for the Thank You sentiment, which is by Stampin Up, the balance of the card is made up of images from the gorgeous Lovely Day plate. I began with a beautiful lacy doily I recently acquired through eBay and layered a gauzelike piece of cheese cloth over it. I stamped the beautiful young Dutch girl , embossed her with gold embossing powder, and colored her in with Tattered Rose, Peeled Paint and Worn Lipstick Distress inks. (Mark this on your calendar, as I rarely ever emboss!) Some of you have heard my hole in my sofa story before! I stamped the tulip bunches multiple times and trimmed them and colored them with Worn Lipstick and Peeled Paint Distress Ink, as well, and arranged them as though the maiden was walking through a garden of tulips! Embellishments are simply some lace fashioned into a bow, some vintage buttons topped with pearls, and even more pearls! Thanks so much for dropping by today. I hope you are having a good day. Best wishes, Yvonne

7 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Very pretty, love all the lace. Tracy x

Mynn xx said...

This is amazing!!! LOVE all the lacy and pearly details--and gorgeous coloring! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

Lizzybobs said...

This is such a lovely card - missed you last weekend hun (((HUG)))

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

GORGEOUS Yvonne, the use of fibre and lace is particularly lovely. Thank you for entering the Make My Monday challenge this week!

Suzi B said...

A lovely card as usual from you Yvonne, I love your garden of tulips.
Thank you for joining us at MMM
suzi b :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Beautiful card with great elements.

Fliss said...

This is just gorgeous Yvonne and love the colours you chose. A sweet image and such lovely tulips.
Thanks for sharing with us at MMM this week.
Fliss xx