Followers

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spring Diesel Punk

Greetings! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Today, I have a tag to share with you. I started out planning to make a Diesel Punk project but as I worked on it, I realized that indeed, it was quickly becoming a Spring Diesel Punk tag. Various Diesel Punk and Industrial Chic stamps by Artistic Outpost were embossed onto a mushroom tag base. Numerous shades of lilac, purple and dark blue PanPastels were sponged over the embossed tag. More images were stamped with Black StazOn ink on the tag front. Several images were also stamped on white card stock. The gorgeous dame was watercolored with Wild Honey and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks. The edges were distressed with Black Soot Distress Ink and then wrapped with soutache trim. A purple embossed brad was dotted with Copper Liquid Pearls and added to the lower left hand corner. The Cat's Meow sentiment was placed under an Ideology Fragment Charm and several Alcohol Inks were added to the top of the charm. As I considered placement of some Copper Ideology sprockets, I decided to make them a bit more feminine by added Ideology Metal Flowers. I could not resist trimming our leading lady's hat with a white feather and pearl. Final touches include more Copper Liquid Pearls and vintage purple seam binding. Can spring be far away?! I am submitting this tag to the PanPastel UK Challenge for week #8. The theme this week is "Use a Stamped Image." Take care, Yvonne

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow awesome tag loving the colour and embelly's thanks for joining us at PanPastel Uk this week.

Kerry DT Leader

Anonymous said...

Fabulous stamping, love your Dame! Great depth to the colours on your background and wonderful little details.
Wishes
Lynne

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a gorgeous tag, Yvonne!

greetings, Alie :-)

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is fabulous! YOU are the cat's meow!

Claire said...

Gorgeous work Yvonne, the colours are really stunning and I love the embellies. Fab stamps too, I'm off to check them out. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK and good luck
Claire xx

Maria said...

I love this Yvonne, everything looks perfect together. I love how you've added flowers to the sprockets for the feminine touch.

Maria x

Brenda Brown said...

Wow a fabulous tag Yvonne and such amazing details.
hugs {brenda} xox

Brenda Brown said...

Woops I also meant to say thanks for sharing this fabulous tag with us at PanPastel UK this week.
hugs {brenda} xox

Terry said...

Yvonne, this tag certainling is "the cat's meow." The feather in her hat is a great touch! Love these colors! Thank you for the lovely package and card that arrived yesterday. I will put everything to great use and the card I will treasure! Have a great evening!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fab tag, love the colour and the feather and pearl on her hat look brilliant. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a fantastic tag, love the color scheme and all the elements.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love the purple...and the car too...just wonderful!!! I love the way you used corners on your image. I always forget about those, and they really dress something up! Beautiful!

Ephemera said...

What a gorgeous tag, the colour is lush and so beautifully balanced, love the corners really make her stand out. X

Lynn Stevens said...

Love what you ladies are creating, What fun!
hugs Lynn