Followers

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Luck of the Irish to You!

Hoping everyone enjoyed St. Patrick's Day, yesterday! My mother's parents both hail from Italy, though they met and married here in the USA, and my father's parents were English and German, but I have always enjoyed the wearing of the green on this special day. My children's grandmother on their father's side was Irish, McBride was the name, so they truly can claim an Irish heritage! As we were leaving yesterday to visit my husband's twin sister who lives in a retirement community, he asked me if I had a St. Patty's Day card we could take along. I did not, but recalled purchasing these beautiful green doilies probably a decade ago, and a sack of Shamrock coins about the same time. Lickity split, I put this together and stamped a sentiment by Anna Griffith. A bit of vintage seam binding completes my card. My SIL was thrilled with the card, which she opened after we departed, so I am glad I was able to make part of her day! Enjoy the day. Best wishes, Yvonne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never underestimate the joy a handmade card can bring to someone's life, especially when the card is unexpected.
You brought everything together so beautifully.
Wishes
Lynne

Ephemera said...

What a fabulous card Yvonne, you can turn your cardmaking hands to anything. I wouldn't have known where to start with this. XX

Maria said...

This is lovely Yvonne and very striking. I never think of making St Patrick's Day cards (even though my mum is Irish, shame on me).

Maria x