Followers

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Frilly or Funkie?

Happy Thursday everyone! I am joining in on a brand new challenge created by Linda Coughlin called Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog! I met Linda recently when we were both asked to be Guest Designers for Artistic Outpost. I immediately fell in love with Linda's style of card making and really appreciated how she always includes a list of products in her posts of items used in her creations. She also has a fabulous boutique of items to tickle your fancy. Congratulations Linda on this new adventure with your very own Challenge. Speaking of the challenge, for the very first challenge, we are asked to submit a creation using "Your Favorite Vintage Style."

After viewing the Frilly and Funkie inspiration pieces, which are just gorgeous, I find myself in a quandary. I love both frilly and funkie styles! I decided to just start pulling items out of my duffel bags. (We are currently away from home and my dear husband asked me to lighten my bags for carrying purposes, so I now carry two lighter weight bags instead of one heavy one and probably got a few extra items out of the deal!)

I began with a light grey card base, and stamped each of the four corners in Black StazOn ink with a complimentary image I received with an order of stamps by Crafty Individuals. I distressed the edges of a white paper doily with Antique Linen Distress Ink and mounted it to the card front along with a black paper doily. Clip Art from
Love Letters I by Crafty Individuals was added next along with some lace and pearls. I also tucked a butterfly image by Crafty Individuals behind the main image. To balance my card, I added a paisley swirl and sentiment, also compliments of CI. A bit of black crochet trim finishes my card.

Best wishes to Linda and her talented Design Team on the success of the Frilly and Funkie Challenge! Have a great day everyone. Yvonne

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeously frilly and that wonderful vintage sense of style.
Wishes
Lynne

Terry said...

Frilly or Funkie, it is all vintage and so it is divine! Love this, Yvonne and the touches of lace to give it a lovely frilly feel! Thank you a bunch for joining in our first challenge at Frilly and Funkie!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work as usual Yvonne. Love the image you've used and the lace really adds that 'frilly' touch ! Thanks for joining us in our first challenge at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is wonderful, Yvonne! The doilies are so perfect for frilly vintage and I love that sweet vintage image you used. The lace and pearls make the perfect sweet vintage finishing touch!

We are so thrilled that you have joined in the fun of our first challenge. We hope you will be a regular at Frilly and Fancy!

Hugs,
Linda

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

PS - I meant to say thank you for your kind words and well wishes about the challenge - and about my style. I am very flattered and touched by what you wrote in your post!

Double hugs,
Linda

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Yvonne!!! This is lovely! So romantic feeling! I love the lace doilies and the butterfly, but the way you snuck that paisley in...too wonderful! Thank you so much for playing with us at Frilly & Funkie!!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Yvonne you've created a wonderful piece. Love all the details on it.

Candy C said...

Beautiful vintage piece! I love the black and white (cream) color palette and your design. So pretty and romantic! <3 Candy

Tammy Roberts said...

Beautiful card Yvonne! Nothing wrong with liking both frilly and Funkie styles although, those doilies and lace shows your frilly side. Thank you for joining in on the first challenge at the Frilly and Funkie... hope to see your work again!

Tammy :)