Followers

Friday, March 16, 2012

La Femme et Un Bel Oiseau

Good morning! Today I am sharing with you a card that I made for the current PanPastel UK Challenge. The theme this week is to create a project that is either "Girly or For Mother's Day." I elected to make a frilly, girly card, though I may be sending this off to a family member for Mother's Day! I began with a sea salt colored card base. I wrapped the bottom two thirds of the card in some oyster colored lace. I decided to stamp the top third with one of those free stamps that I received when ordering stamps from Crafty Individuals. I love these bits and pieces of stamps! For the main image, I applied pink and light blue PanPastel to scrap card stock. This beautiful stamp, CI331, was stamped over top with Black StazOn ink. The four sides were framed with crochet lace trim and the framed image was then added to the card front along with lace appliques and pearls. When creating my card in the wee hours of the morning, I elected to not add seam binding or ribbon. Perhaps it was the overcast sky this morning, but when I went to photograph my card, I felt it was lacking and added light blue sheer ribbon fashioned into bows. I hope you enjoy your weekend. Thanks for stopping by. My best to you, Yvonne

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is to my mind a dream card. Beautiful stamp, beautiful colours and dreamy trims. A stunning card Yvonne, in fact I believe I have fallen in love with it.
Wishes
Lynne

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card Yvonne, love the trim frame. Tracy x

Mrs.B said...

Yvonne, this is beautiful, love all you lace trims with that gorgeous image.
Avril xx

Eileen said...

Beautiful, just beautiful! I sooo love this. You are very talented xxx Thank you for joining us at this weeks PanPastel UK Challenge. Eileen xx

Paula J Atkinson said...

Absolutely stunning, Yvonne. I love the delicate nature of the entire piece. The lace is so pretty.

Unknown said...

Wow stunning design thanks fro sharing the inspiration with us at PanPastel Uk this week.

Kerry DT Leader

Ephemera said...

Stunningly beautiful. I adore this stamp and you have framed it beautifully with all the sumptuous lace. xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful, I love all of the lace trims. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card Yvonne!! Love the beautiful trims and lace ~ it's absolutely perfect!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Nancy xx :D

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Wowww how great this is Yvonne...lovely vintage...

greetings, Alie :-)

Maria said...

Oh wow, this is a stunning card Yvonne. You have a knack of using lace in such a beautiful way.

Maria x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a romantic card, really beautiful.

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic Frame of Lace! So feminine and lovely!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Yvonne
Let me introduce myself I am Susan from NZ and also a Dt at OCC, and where I viewed your card.
I would like to say this is a beautiful, soft and feminine piece. I am pleased you kept the image quiet, it still has an impact even with all the gorgeous lace embellishments and ribbon, your palette imparts a light creamy effect with a touch of a Vintage quality along with a little Shabby-Chic, so it is pressing all my buttons.
Thank you for entering our Dt call I wish you the best of luck.
Smiles:)
Sue