Followers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Butterfly Dream

Greetings! Hope you are having a pleasant Tuesday and first day of spring. It started out chilly here, but ended in the mid 70s by day's end. My post today is an entry in this weeks challenge at Make My Monday. For Week #41, we are challenged to make a spring-like card using a specific fold. This is an absolute first for me! I tend to be rather straight forward with card making. I admire all the fancy folds others fashion into cards, but rarely venture there myself! It was so kind of MMM to provide us with a tutorial recently on how to make the card. I began with vintage pink card stock, folded it as instructed and then applied various spring background papers from Crafty Individuals on the various folds. The main focal image is clip art, matted in black paper, also from Crafty Individuals, and the sentiment is a portion of a stamp by Anna Griffith stamped with Black StazOn ink. Embellishments include a white lace applique, a paper doily, vintage pink seam binding and pearls. I really appreciate all your visits and your comments really are an encouragement to me. Take care, Yvonne

10 comments:

Cazro said...

You have made a splendid Spring card, amazing for your first try. I love the colours and butterfly. Thanks again for sharing with us at MMM. Caz

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Morning Yvonne, glad you took us up on this challenge at Make My Monday. Your card is lovely and I like how you have placed the doily and ribbon. Suzanne :)

Ephemera said...

Hi Yvonne, beautiful card, loving your fancy fold. I'm more of a straight forward card maker too, will have to try some folding techniques I think. XX

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for joining in this week at MMM Yvonne - your spring fold card is lovely - in fact it's stunning. well done for giving it a go - Jacqueline xx

Fliss said...

This is beautiful Yvonne. Love the pretty colours and the image. The embellishing is gorgeous.
Thanks so much for joining in with this weeks slightly more difficult challenge at MMM. It seems to be bringing out the best in people!
Hugs, Fliss xx

Suzanne C said...

Pretty Pretty Pretty! Lovely design and sweet butterfly!

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card,love the butterfly.
This was a first of this style for me as well.
Yvonne x

Mynn xx said...

I think this is stunning! LOVE the butterfly and the soft colors. Gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

Maribel said...

Precious, I love the butterfly.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic card, great shape.