Followers

Thursday, March 1, 2012

An Angel's Watching Over You

Happy Thursday! Just a quick post today. I put together this card for someone very near to me who is facing a possible serious heath issue. The photo image is from the face of one of the very last cards I ever purchased before I decided to only make my own cards from that point forward. I knew I was never going to mail this store bought card, and the image seemed very special to me so I re-purposed the image itself for this card. I layered lace to the card front, added a portion of a pink doily, the re-purposed image, a sentiment by Artistic Outpost, some more lace and a pearl, vintage buttons and some seam binding fashioned into a bow. I hope in some small way, this card brings comfort to this special someone. Have a great day. Yvonne

6 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Such a sweet card and obviously so special.
Enjoy the end of the week.
hugs {brenda xox

Fliss said...

A beautiful card and the most gorgeous angel too.
I'm sure your friend will be cheered by your card and thoughts.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Meggymay said...

A realy special and thoughtful card.
Yvonne x

Terry said...

Lovely!!! That is a great sentiment and so true! Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

There is no doubt it will bring comfort to them. A beautiful card.
Wishes
Lynne

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card. Lovely use of the sentiment and the angel. Sure to bring comfort.