Followers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The First Birds of Spring

Greetings! I have a card to share with you that I made today using the Bluebird plate from Artistic Outpost. I have loved birds my entire life, and several years back when birds hit the stamping scene, I was immediately drawn to this beautiful plate of stamps, which have stood the test of time and remained among my very favorite. After making several colorful cards today, which I will post shortly, I felt drawn to make a more neutral card here. The embossed background was distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and the images were stamped with Black StazOn Ink onto Mushroom card stock and also distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The birds were colored in lightly with a light blue Copic Maker. Embellishments include burlap material, vintage blue buttons and ivory and black ribbon. Thanks for stopping by and hoping you are having a great day. Best wishes, Yvonne

6 comments:

Claire said...

Beautiful card Yvonne, I love all the layers and texture and I love the way you've used those gorgeous stamps
Claire xx

Meggymay said...

This is beautiful, love the colour tones and of course the fabulous stamps.
Great Easter egg cards in your previous posts as well.
Yvonne x

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful card Yvonne!!

Ephemera said...

Hi Yvonne, I love your card, I have that plate but haven't used the central stamp, I feel very tempted too, now I've seen your fabulous stamping. Love the hessian/ burlap panel. XX

Anonymous said...

A beautiful rustic but also vintage quality to your card.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful vintage feeling.