Followers

Friday, March 30, 2012

Seagulls by the Sea

Happy Friday to everyone! There 's a new challenge over at Bloggers Challenge. This time, the challenge is to create a project that includes birds. I am currently away from home and after digging through my stash, find only these seagulls included in the Beyond the Sea plate by Artistic Outpost to be traveling with me. To create my tag, I began with white card stock. I stamped the light house image with Rich Cocoa Memento ink. The balance of the white card stock was distressed with Tumbled Glass and Antique Linen Distress Ink. I grunged up the edges of the card stock by ripping, tearing and folding portions of the edges. On scrap card stock, I stamped, trimmed and watercolored with various Distress Inks the shell gatherer, and the starfish, crab and shells. Each were then applied to the tag front with dimensionals over top of draped cheesecloth. The sentiment was stamped onto sea foam twill tape and mounted toward the bottom of the tag. Simple embellishments include vintage buttons, Copper Liquid Pearls, a scrap of burlap, and a binder clip by Ideology. I am also entering this tag at Simon Says Stamp and Show where the challenge is to show a tag. I hope each of you has a wonderful weekend. Thanks for dropping by! Yvonne

14 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This really caught my eye - love the theme and the variety of materials you've used. Just gorgeous. Elizabeth x

Maria said...

Hi Yvonne, everything about this is beautiful. I love the soft colours.

Just looked at your Easter cards - they are gorgeous, and those quotes are very cool!

Maria x

Terry said...

Lovely tag, Yvonne! I can almost feel and smell the ocean air. Love the use of netting! Hope you are having a great time!

Terry said...

Hiya Yvonne, thank you for sharing your Tag with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, love the colors and the little detaills you have added. Hugs Terry xxx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a gorgeous creation with lovely details, Yvonne!

greetings, Alie :-)

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Very pretty tag :) Love all details and colors :)

Brenda Brown said...

So delicate Yvonne and such lovely stamps.
Have a fabulous weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox

Nancy said...

Beautiful tag Yvonne!!! Love all of those details and the little clip at the top!!! Amazing work!!
Have a Fabulous weekend!!!
Nancy xx :D

tonistamps said...

Gorgeous tag! I love it, and keep forgetting that I have these stamps. Thanks for the reminder! I love what you've done with it.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful tag, love the seaside feeling. Looks like a funny summer day.

Anonymous said...

The washed out colours appeal greatly to me, the way that nature bleaches the colour from shells and buildings.
So beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful tag love the soft colors and embellishments! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

anna christensen crafts said...

This is beautiful, I love the stamps that you have used and your subtle colour scheme is so beautiful xx

Basement Stamper said...

gorgeous tag, love the torn corner of it. Thanks for joining us at Blogger's Challenge this week.