Followers

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Vintage Father's Day


Greetings!  It's Wednesday, and that means it is time for another Word Wednesday over at 365 Cards!  Maybe you guessed, but if not, our word this week is "Father."  Perfect timing, as this Sunday, we celebrate "Father's Day" in the United States.  I love all things vintage and when I saw these images at Gecko Galz, I knew they would be perfect for upcoming Father's Day cards.  The edges were distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, matted with black paper and layered onto chocolate textured paper before adding to the card base.  Simple embellishments include Chrome Liquid Pearls and vintage seam binding.  My own father is gone some 29 years, but I have lots of other family members to honor on Sunday.  I hope you will consider joining us for this week's Word Wednesday!  Thanks for stopping.  Yvonne

3 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous card, I just live that male vintage image.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Words and Pictures said...

What a delicious photo... great card, Yvonne!
Alison x

hazel said...

A fabulous card for a man, I love the images.
xxx Hazel.