Followers

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Under the Boardwalk Down By the Sea


Greetings!  The weeks fly by so fast.  Already, it is time for another challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.  Our latest challenge is called "Tag Time."  Unbelievably, right after I joined FSC back in 2011, we had a Tag Challenge.  It was probably the very first time I had ever made a tag!  How can a tag be so different than a card?  Not sure, but to this day, I struggle with tags.  I have been traveling for nearly 10 days and just got home to find my new plate of stamps from Artistic Outpost called Boardwalk.  If you follow my blog, you know that AO stamps are some of my very favorites.  When I saw the release of Boardwalk, there was NO question as to acquiring this plate.  Since I was old enough to remember (age 3 to 4), I have vivid memories of vacationing in Atlantic City, New Jersey.  We always visited the Steel Pier and it was indeed a genteel experience.  Times have changed but my memories will be there for a lifetime.  My tag was created from white card stock, sprayed with various colors of Dylusions Ink Sprays.  The Boardwalk images were stamped directly onto the tag or onto card stock and trimmed and water colored and distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The trio of sun bathers were mounted on foam dots and I cannot help but think at least one of them has eyes for the brawny gentleman in the corner of the tag!  A few sea shells and some vintage seam binding complete my tag.  I hope you will stop over to FSC to see the glorious, inspiring tags of the Design Team, and then create a tag of your own to share with us at FSC for a possible Gift Voucher for $20 from our sponsor FlonzCraft.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Yvonne


10 comments:

Terry said...

Clapping and doing the happy dance over your "boardwalk" tag! Love how you incorporated those lovely AO images! Such a summer vibe with those hot colors and I love the added seashells, but of course! The old jalopy is one of Tim's dies and it is full size! Have a great weekend! Hugs!

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Yvonne...this tag is sooo full of summer fun. Love the colours and cheeky look from the girl! The words are from one of my fav songs from Beaches too...Loooove it!
Dot x

Brenda Brown said...

Such a lovely tag Yvonne created in fabulous sandy colours and with some great images. You will have us believing summer is on its way lol.
Happy Sunday.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A gorgeous tag with great stamping. Love the color scheme.

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic tag full of hot sunshine and using those great images brilliantly! How funny - I'm the complete opposite: could happily make tags all day, but get completely stuck when it comes to a card.... lucky we're all different, eh?!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous tag Yvonne, the new AO stamps are gorgeous and you've created a fantastic Summer scene with them. May need to make a purchase myself (big AO fan too!) Sue C x

Claire said...

Gorgeous tag, I just love your new stamps and your tag is really stunning. Hope you've had a good weekend
Claire xx

Pia S said...

What a fantastic set of stamps you've used for this tag! The tag looks great - love the vintage summer look of it! I agree with you - tags are so much harder to make than cards - I never quite seem to know what to do with such a small space...

Ephemera said...

Hi Yvonne, just love this, so beautiful, love your stamping and the vibrant colours. Hope you're keeping well and apologises for not getting to visit your lovely blog, just don't know where the time goes. xx

Esther said...

I can see why you wanted those stamps Yvonne they are fab images and look great on your tag with those bright colours..Esther xx