Followers

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Memories Are Forever


Greetings!  It is time for another challenge over at Inkspirational!  With five weeks in May, this week's challenge is "Anything Goes!"


For my project, I played with Distress Paints to create this colorful backdrop.  Tissue tape was layered over top.  The ledger image by Artistic Outpost was colored with Distress Inks.  The letters, also by Artistic Outpost were stamped, trimmed and assembled to say "School Days."  The focal image is one of my very favorites and has been in my collection a long time.  After stamping it on a scrap of white card stock, the children were water colored with Distress Inks.  I hope will stop over to Inkspirational to see what the rest of the Design Team has created to inspire you and then I hope you will inspire us with a creation of your own!  

Our sponsor for the month of May is Tammy of Creatively Me! 

7 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card Yvonne, love the colours and your background. Love love the image. Tracy x

Marina said...

I love the collage effect you've created. The colour on the children's clothes is great. Marina.

sandie said...

Yvonne the distress colouring is amazing and the focal image is perfect for this card. I so love how you make this vintage image look so easy x

Mynn xx said...

This is beautiful as always, Yvonne! LOVE the fun coloring and the fabulous chalking of the image! Gorgeous work! :)

Pia S said...

I think you're great at making your own backgrounds - amazing what you can create with some inks and some tape! Your card turned out beautiful!

Kylie said...

Gorgeous, Yvonne! I love the backgrounds! xx

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous inky colours, and great stamping!
Alison x