Followers

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sailing, Sailing, Over the Waves We Go!


Hello!  Back with another post today for the start of a new challenge over at Inkspirational based on the Photo below.  


I was most excited when I saw the Photo Inkspiration as I love all things nautical.  (My husband is a sailor!)  For my card, I chose to work with these gorgeous images from Paper Artsy.  The background was created by smooshing various Distress Inks on a Craft Mat, spritzing with water and dragging my card stock through it.  The images were stamped onto more card stock, water colored with Distress Markers and the edges distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  A metal charm, bits of dark blue burlap string and some Copper Liquid Pearls and my card is complete.  I encourage you to pop over to Inkspirational to see what the rest of the design team has come up with and then I hope you will submit a project of your own.  Our sponsor for the month of June is Milk 'N Coffee and one lucky submitter will win three Digis.  Thanks for dropping by.  Yvonne

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, Yvonne! This is fantastic! Your project was spot on that inspirational photo. Beautiful!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

What a great card, love the magnificent sea scenery and the fabulous coloring!

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Yvonne, what a wonderful card! I love how you have created this...and the smooched background looks fantastic.
Dot x

sandie said...

Gosh Yvonne, you have such a wonderful ability to create a real vintage card full of warmth! The colours are perfect and so skilfully prepared with the distress inking and blending. I wish I could do this!

Brenda Brown said...

Love these images and how you put the card together Yvonne. fabulous.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Yvonne, Fabulous card, love the images and wonderful background.
Avril xx

Meggymay said...

Fabulous card. Been catching up on your posts that I have missed lately, they are all inspirational.
Yvonne x

Words and Pictures said...

Wonderful card - great images and such lovely distressing...
Alison x

Mynn xx said...

Yvonne, this is amazing! LOVE the brown monochrome and all the bits you've put together! Another absolutely gorgeous creation! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :)

Suzanne C said...

Yvonne this is fantastic! Love your take on the inspiration photo! Wanted to stop by and say big congrats on your Guest Artist on Stampington! Whoo Hoo! Well deserved!

Terry said...

Yvonne, this is an amazing take on the photo! Such a great sailing design and I love the vintage feel! Enjoy the rest of the week!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous collage card, love the seaside theme.

Marina said...

Great sea-worn effect. Love the collage of elements and especially the seahorse. Marina

Dagmar said...

wow - it´s a fantastic Scene - a great artwork!!!

Dagmar said...

wow - it´s a fantastic Scene - a great artwork!!!

Kylie said...

Beautifully done. Just stunning xx