Followers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

MMM Challenge 8 - Vintage Lace and Pearls

Wow! Monday's come fast at Make My Monday! I really am enjoying this challenge blog. It is helping me to branch out and create cards I might not ordinarily create. As the title implies, we continue to make vintage cards this week for Challenge 8 with an emphasis on lace and pearls. Does the fact that I had to go out and buy pearls last week and this week tell you my style is not normally vintage?? I decided on a pink background paper, actually a card trimmed to fit another card blank, a leftover Christmas blank card with a deckle edge. I border punched the pink panel with a punch by Martha Stewart, layered lace and seam binding over top and then began stamping my images and sentiment from a plate called Birds of a Feather by Artistic Outpost with Sepia ink by Versafine. The bird is by TPC Studios and the heart stickers and pink pearls are by Martha Stewart. I added distress inks and Copic markers for a hint of color. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's work! Thanks for stopping by. Yvonne

7 comments:

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Yvonne, think I may have said last week ...I cannot tell that this is not your usual style as its another lovely card from you. Hope to see you next week .....at Make My Monday!

Cazro said...

I'm so pleased you are enjoying our challenges at MMM, it certainly shows in your creations, this card is stunning. I love it. Thanks for joining us again, hope you continue to visit us. Caz

Meggymay said...

Love the delicate colours, your card is beautiful.

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful card - thank you for playing along at Make My Monday this wekk - Jacqueline xx.

Debbie said...

Love your design and colours! So soft and delicate!

Mynn xx said...

This is soft, subtle, feminine and absolutely lovely!

Fliss said...

This is gorgeous Yvonne. Love the soft colours and the lovely images.
Thanks for joining in again at Make My Monday and hope to see you again.
Fliss x