Followers

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Sing Your Heart Songs

 
Greetings! Welcome to the newest challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge where the theme this time, selected by our own Dot Leathbridge, is "All About Inkiness." I hope that you will pop on over and check out all the samples created for you by the Design Team and then be inspired to create a piece of your own to share with us.  One lucky participant will receive a stamp from our generous vendor, Ink Art Designs. Please remember though, that we are a stamp challenge, so stamping needs to be front and center, the focal image of your project.
 
For my own piece, I began by spritzing a water color panel with various shades of Distress Ink. Next I stamped Distress Oxides on a craft mat, spritzed with water and then dragged it through the inkiness.  More background was built up with stamps and more Distress Oxides and doodling with a white Gel Pen.  The focal images by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous were stamped with Catherine Pooler ink, trimmed and adhered to the panel after adding some washi tape to ground the images.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I look forward to seeing what you create! Hugs, Yvonne

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Have only just recently purchased these stamps Yvonne and the background you have them sitting on is stunning. Colours are vibrant but totally giving me the feeling that the sun is not that far away. Sitting on washintape works for me. It looks super cool on the catwalk at FSC.

Crafty hugs from Shirl xxx

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Hi Yvonne, your card is very beautiful. Wonderful colours and images.
Have a nice Sunday.
Hugs Carola

Mrs.B said...

A great card Yvonne, love the inky background and those fabulous images.
Avril xx

Ink Art Designs said...

Wow Yvonne - a great card! I love how the oxides and regular distress inks look so fabulous together.
Dot x
Ink Art Designs

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeous card. Great stamping, and I love the colours you used. Thanks so much for your visit on my blog, too. Hugs, Valerie

SewPaperPaint said...

I have and love both of these stamps. I like how you combined them and love your gorgeous background work! Exquisite! Hugs, Autumn