Followers

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Treasures

A dear friend and Design Team Sister of mine, Brenda, has recently challenged others to share life's treasures.  I am so grateful to her for making me stop and think about that.  My card today is created with a treasured wine label from France.  The treasure is not so much in the label itself, but in the bond of friendship that has developed between another artist and myself.  I saw her lovely wine labels in her work and inquired about how she was able to remove them from wine bottles, as mine always turn to mush when I try removing them.  She not only told me her source, she sent me a stash of them!  Each time I use one of them, I think of her and her unselfless spirit.  So that is my treasure for today!  As for the card, the dabbles and sentiment are from Katzlekraft and the butterfly image is from Crafty Individuals.   I fell in love with this set of French sentiments.  The sentiment I used today, translated, means "Do not be afraid to fail, be afraid not to try."  Thanks for stopping by!  Best wishes, Yvonne

4 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

You have used the label to make a fabulous card Yvonne, but best of all I love the story you have told of your friend sending you some when you enquired about them. A real treasure of a friend to do that.
Thanks for sharing this with us on Tuesday Treasures.
hugs {brenda} xox

Anonymous said...

Yvonne
You are super quick to have ordered, received and created with the CI stamp! I am so impressed.
I love this stamp and cannot step away from it - I have lots of artwork to share soon using this stamp.
You coloured it beautifully and it is so perfect with your treasured wine label.
Wishes
Lynne

Shirl said...

Lovely story Yvonne and how gorgeous your label looks on the card, beautiful keepsake.

Hugs Shirley x x

Zue said...

An very enjoyable post and an interesting story. The quote is great also.
xx