Followers

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Referral Program at Artistic Outpost - Travel

Happy first day of May!  There is a new May Referral Program challenge over at Artistic Outpost. This time around, the theme is "Travel" and we are looking for projects using Artistic Outpost stamps that support the travel theme.  There truly are a large variety of Artistic Outpost stamp images that will work for this theme and the Design Team has provided a lot of inspiration to get you started.  One lucky submitter will be selected at random to win a prize package.  I hope you will consider giving it a go.  On a personal note, this is the first challenge that I tried when I began my blog, and it really helpded me build my confidence, so I am particularly fond of it!  For my own card, I really could not help myself.  I pulled out a bunch of different AO plates and that could work and ended up using stamps from a number of them.  I decided right away that I wanted to use a black and white with touch of red color scheme.  A map from Route 66 was stamped repeatedly with London Fog Memento Ink on white card stock.  A plane, car and train were stamped with Black StazOn ink from the Industrial Backgrounds, Gatsby and Steampunk plates, respectively.  Each was trimmed, distressed with Old Page Distress Ink and mounted over the map images.  The "Travel" sentiment was created with the Secretary Pool plate using Festive Berry Distress Ink.  The Route 66 sign from its namesake plate was also used.  Simple embellishments include Black Liquid Pearls, a snippet of burlap and and Idea-ology Binder Clip and some red and white ribbon that reminded me of train tracks.  The collage was mounted onto red card stock and a gray card base.  Hoping you will join in!  Thanks for dropping by.  I love receiving your comments and treasure each one.  Take care and good luck.  Yvonne

3 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Such lovely images Yvonne and used perfectly to depict the travel theme.
hugs {brenda) xox

Lynn Stevens said...

Planes, trains and automobiles!!! Awesome work!
hugs Lynn

Suzanne C said...

Fabulous Travel card! Fantastic Design!