Followers

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Made in America

Well the gremlins are at play again.  This is my third attempt to load this post.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it sticks this time!  It is time for a new challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.  This time around, we are looking for Cities of the World.  I chose Washington, D.C., my nation's capital.  Not having a stamp image depicting Washington, I chose this vintage black and white clip art image of the White House.  To not take away from the black and white photo, I chose to use red, white and blue in moderation.  The supporting stamp images are from She-roes and Hero stamp plates by Artistic Outpost, except for the star stamped repeatedly in the background, which is from Oxford Impressions.  Simple embellishements include a memo holder by Idea-ology, a vintage button and ribbon from my stash.  I hope you will pop over to FSC and see the absolutely beautiful inspiration pieces by my DT sisters and I hope you will be inspired to enter a project of your own.  Full details are available at FSC.  Please remember, we are a stamping challenge, so no digis!  Thanks for dropping by.  Best wishes, Yvonne

15 comments:

Ephemera said...

Hi Yvonne, what a fabulous card, the patriotic background is a perfect foil for the beautiful vintage photograph. I hope to visit DC someday as my sister & B-I-L live there. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. XXX

Fliss said...

A gorgeous card Yvonne. Love the bold background and gorgeous ribbon embellishing and your stamping is fabulous.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Shirl said...

Fabulous and a very patriotic project Yvonne, colours are amazing and I adore the tag.

Hugs Shirley x x

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous, love the design and the nostalgia of the old photo.
Yvonne x

Claire said...

Beautiful card Yvonne, the colours and your stamping set that photo off to perfection
Claire xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Yvonne, such a beautiful card, great tribute to the USA.

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Yvonne, what a wonderful tribute to Washington, the centre of so many decisions with a rich history that has shaped the world, and still does. Here's to liberty and freedom for all...a really great card Yvonne
Dot x

Anonymous said...

Hello Yvonne
Sorry that once again I have been so quiet, but I know you understand. Whilst visiting your FSC DT art I will catch-up with what I have missed.
A wonderful vintage appearance to your card that still retains a very patriotic appearance but with that vintage twist that you excel at.
Wishes
Lynne

Brenda Brown said...

This is a superb card Yvonne and stunning with the red, white and blue. The black and white image draws the eye into the card and the other elements add just the right amount of detail and are arranged perfectly.
hugs {brenda} xox

Mrs.B said...

Hi Yvonne, a fabulous card, the red card base is the perfect backdrop for your vintage image. Love your stamped details.
Have a great weekend.
Avril xx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful patriotic card Yvonne! Lovely vintage setting for this beautiful photograph. Enjoy your Sunday, hugs Joanna xx

anna christensen crafts said...

Gorgeous card, I love the vintage image set against the patriotic background xx

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE your DT piece, like your background with the image!

xxx Ellie xxx

Maria said...

This is fabulous Yvonne, I love the red/white/blue colour scheme and the image is perfect.

Maria x

Terry said...

I had a blogging problem this AM, could not access my blog! So many details in this fabulous USA made creation! Love all this stamping goodness!