Followers

Monday, September 19, 2011

Make My Monday - Challenge 16 - Metal Steampunk

Make My Monday Challenge continues with the Steampunk theme, this week with an emphasis on "Metal." You can tell Autumn is near as many of us seem to be gravitating to earth tone colors for our projects! For my card, I started with a berry colored card base. I distressed a white card stock panel with Antique Linen, Shabby Shutters, Spiced Marmalade and Worn Lipstick Distress Inks. My images are from Tim Holtz Visual Artistry Collection and also from several plates by Artistic Outpost. For metal, I added sprockets by Tim Holtz and also sewing snaps. The panel was matted in black and then metallic copper paper and mounted to the card front. I think Steampunk is so cool and would probably never have had the nerve to give it a try, if it had not been for Make My Monday. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's projects. Thanks for stopping by! Best, Yvonne

13 comments:

Fliss said...

An absolutely stunning creation Yvonne. Really love the colours and fabulous stamping and the umbrella man is on my wish list (wishing also that Sir Tim's gorgeous stamps weren't so expensive here in the UK)

Thanks for joining in with this weeks Make My Monday challenge too and for being so quick off the mark!
Hugs, Fliss xx

yours truly said...

Neat card, Yvonne! I love the sentiment you used, ties everything up!

~ Ü ~ Hilda

Anonymous said...

Yvonne
You worked with all those stamps amazingly well, the composition is fabulous.
Wishes
Lynne

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Hi Yvonne, missed commenting on blogs for the last couple of weeks but have been looking. Your steampunk piece this week is gorgeous. You're right Autumn is well and truly upon us... you must live somewhere nice as its just grey here in the north of the UK.......thanks for entering the Make My Monday challenge again.....

Jacqueline said...

Stunning work Yvonne your colours are lovely - so glad you are enjoying the steampunk theme at Make My Monday, thank you so much for joining in again this week - Jacqueline xx

Suzi B said...

Hello Yvonne, fabulous Steampunk creation, love the colours, so gald you've enjoyed the challenge at Make My Monday.
Suzi B :)

Meggymay said...

Fabulous creation, love those stamps, as well.
Yvonne x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Yvonne.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Yvonne, that's a wonderful card. Love the umbrella man.

Mynn xx said...

Fabulous! Love your sentiment and all your elements! Great job!

Canonbury creations said...

I love this Yvonne the images are perfectly placed and the sentiment is great!
Val x

Aquarius said...

Great images making up this card - super

Cazro said...

A beutiful steampunk composition. Super colouring and stamping. Thanks for joining us at MMM. Caz