Followers

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tuesday Trigger - Garden Glory





The Tuesday Trigger this week is Garden Glory and the inspirational photo is noted above. As part of our entry, we are asked to explain what inspired us when designing our project. At first glance, my attention went to the geometric design on the chair. I remembered a background paper that looked very similar but discovered I had already used it. I settled on another paper that my daughter just gave to me for my birthday and really like how it pulls the greens and turquoises together. The brown table, though small, really grounds the photo so I added brown matting to my card. I stamped a flower by Hero Arts in turquoise and green to pay homage to the pillow in the photo and then added a sentiment by Penny Black in brown ink. Just like the photo, I added white flowers, which I probably would normally have thought was too much, but I like it. Congrats to all the winners from last week. Looking forward to seeing everyone's entries! Thanks for stopping by. Yvonne

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love how you added the touch of brown to the greens and blue, really does ground it! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog too, it is much appreciated! :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful inspiration, love the card you've created. Great colors.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Yvonne! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Annette Allen said...

beautiful card...don't you just love these colors together...

Mrs.B said...

You have used the photo inspiration to perfection with this card.
Avril xx

Notes by Nina said...

Ohh those are fabulous colors, beautiful card.

Jilly said...

I noticed that, You have used the photo inspiration to perfection with this card. I really impressed to watch your attractive work. I will share my work soon in my blog.
small first aid cabinet

Megan said...

Beautiful choice of color!

Jessi Fogan said...

Wow, I love this! The sentiment is fantastic, and the multicoloured inking on the stamp is fab :)