Followers

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Monochromatic Blue




It's another challenge over at Bloggers' Challenge. This week it is 'Monochromatic Blue' that we are to use for our project. I'm not much of a blue person. (It's a long story.) I find myself, once again, away from home with a duffle bag of supplies and little of anything in the way of blue. I started with a piece of light blue card stock for the card base. I stamped my images from the Steampunk plate by Artistic Outpost in Faded Jeans Distress Ink and distressed the edges to mute the stark white card stock I stamped on. I added a sentiment on a small darker piece of card stock along the side. Though I was tempted to add some silver liquid pearls, I resisted. I wrapped some blue and white ribbon around the corners of the main image and my card was complete. Don't you just love these challenges? They really make me grow as an artist. Also entering this card int Artistic Outposts September Referral Program. Hoping everyone is enjoying this beautiful Holiday weekend. Take care. Yvonne




12 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

I don't believe I've ever seen Steampunk in blue before ! I like it!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wonderfully done, Yvonne! Such a great image and I really like the ribbon accents in the corners! Have a happy weekend! :D

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Love your Delft Blue card, Yvonne. So Gorgeous and goes so well with your vintage steampunk imagery. Beautiful.

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, love the steampunk images, the blue look great. Yvonne x

Mrs.B said...

Yvonne this is fabulous - and all out of a duffle bag!
Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Avril xx

Anonymous said...

Yvonne,
Gorgeous choice of colours, so beautiful.
I am also in Steampunk mode this weekend, isn't it just such fun?!!
Wishes
Lynne

Terry said...

Yvonne, beautiful creation in blue! Love how you went for a steampunk theme and it works so well in blue! Love this! Hope you are enjoying your time away!

Cazro said...

Blue suits you. It's a lovely card, love the images. Caz

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous monochromatic piece, looks fantastic.

Ida said...

Perfect! Your image works wonderfully well with the Blue Ink - Gives it a great vintage feel.

Lisa Somerville said...

Great masculine card - wonderful combination of the AO images! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Basement Stamper said...

this steampunk card looks wonderful in blue's, love this stamp! Thanks for joining us at blogger's challenge this week.