Followers

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Joy and a Boy

Hello!  Today, I am sharing with you my take on Linda Coughlin's 4th Tag of 12 Tags of Christmas.  I just love Linda's Tag!  I especially love the gingham background.  For my own card, I wanted to try to use as many of the elements as I could that Linda chose, which includes: Gingham check, pine cone, holly, post card text, a bow, a calendar, an embossed red panel, and a black and white image.  I layered small scraps of gingham check paper (it's all that I had on hand) to the card base.  The Post Card sentiment, from the Ephemera Backgrounds plate by Artistic Outpost, was stamped onto the card base.  The various images were stamped on Specialty paper, distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and added to the card front.  A Tim Holtz Texture Folder of pine trees was used to emboss pine trees.  The little boy and the pine cone are by Stampsmth, the holly branch is by Inkadinkado.  White glitter glue was added to the pine cone and the edge of the pine trees.  A tartan plaid bow from my stash and some Chrome Liquid Pearls complete my card.  Linda's boutique called The Funkie Junkie Boutique is sponsoring the Twelve Tags of Christmas Challenge.  It is filled with great items at great prices.  Why not take a peek?!  Thanks for dropping by.  Best wishes, Yvonne

3 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Love your take on this one Yvonne, it's so pretty.
Hugs Brenda xox

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful take on Linda's tag, your card looks beautiful.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, this is an awesome card, Yvonne! I just love it with all the reds and gingham. Great post card stamp and that vintage image is sensational. Another great entry into the 12 tags challenge. So happy to have you joining in for another week with us.

Hugs,
Linda