Followers

Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Thing of Beauty

Hello!  My first post today is in response to Mynnette's Challenge to consider being selected for a the Design Team for a brand new Challenge blog call Inkspirational that begins in January 2013. Each week of the challenge, each month, will bring a new challenge:  CASE, Color, Photo Inspiration, Sketch, and Anything Goes when there is a fifth week.  To be considered for this Design Team, below is the CASE sample my card above responds to.  Other posts will follow for Mynnette's consideration.
I decided to work with stamps and die cuts I already own for my submission.  The oval label is a portion of a perfume label stamp by Art Declassified.  Using Distress Markers, I water colored the middle of the label with Lemonade DI so that it blended in with the background paper. The frame itself was water colored with Rusty Hinge DI.  The sentiment within the frame is from Stampsmith.  Not having a flower die cut, I chose this beautiful frame, also by Art Declassified.  The center was cut out to create room for a Crafty Individual clip art image.  The black vine, a Sissix die cut, accents the image.  Liquid Pearls complete my card.  If you are looking for a new Design Team to possibly join, why not pop over to On A Stampage.

2 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Yvonne, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! LOVE your take on my card--your colors and images are just beautiful!!! Thank you for joining in my DT call--can't wait to see what else you create! Good luck and happy stamping! :)

Cazro said...

Hi Yvonne, Your card is so beautiful, I love your CASE of Mynette's card. Good luck in your application. Caz