Followers

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

SteamPunk Locomotive II

Hello!  Sharing a card with you today that I made for Day 231 of 365 Cards called "You Raise Me Up."  The challenge is to raise up three areas of your card.  You might use pop dots, as I did, or, you might layer items upon other items to achieve this.  For my card, I began by smushing Tumbled Glass and Peeled Paint Distress Inks onto a Craft Pad, spritzing with water and dragging my background paper through the ink puddles.  After setting with a heat tool, I added more Tumbled Glass and Vintage Photo Distress Inks with an applicator along the edges.  All of the images are from the SteamPunk plate, by Artistic Outpost, are stamped with Sepia Memento Ink, either onto the background, or onto white card stock and then layered over the background with pop dots.  I chose not to add ribbon, but rather added a bit of a vintage page scrap, Chrome Liquid Pearls, and a Cog from Idea-ology for a masculine touch.  I hope you will join us at 365 Cards for today's challenge!  Thanks for stopping by.  Best wishes, Yvonne

6 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a fabulous card, great colors and images.

Meggymay said...

Fantastic card, the raised up images look great and pop off the page.
Yvonne x

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is a terrific card, Yvonne; the layers work so well.

Lucy x

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne
Sorry I've missed so much of your art.
The previous card with the bird is so lovely, the colour scheme of red and white (and silver?) is so fresh.
This post, well I absolutely love the card you created with that amazing sense of depth to the background, stunning stamping just simply adore it.
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card.
There are so many cool techniques :)

Maria said...

Hi Yvonne, the background of this card is absolutely fabulous. I love the colours and the effect.

Maria xxxxx