Followers

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fashionable Stamping Challenges- It's A Guy Thing

Greetings! It's time for a brand new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge! This time around, we have a theme of "It's A Guy Thing." When I first began making cards, I struggled with making cards for guys. As time goes by, and as I have collected more masculine images, I am much more comfortable with designing masculine cards. For this post, I was excited to finally ink up this "Men with a Checkered Past" image by Queen's Dresser Drawers. I layered a vintage book page to a hounds tooth background paper, wrapped a length of brown twill tape around the papers and mounted them to a Kraft card base. My focal image was stamped on glossy paper and mounted to the card front with Kraft photo corners. To repeat the bee image on my main image, I stamped a bee from Character Constructions multiple times and watercolored the bees with Distress Inks onto a TH ticket stub. I also stamped a hat by Inkadinkado to replicate the hats in the main image. Finishing touches include a variety of vintage buttons, bits of twine and copper Liquid Pearls. I hope you will pop over to FSC to see what my talented Design Team sisters have created and then consider joining in on the fun. Just remember, FSC is a stamping challenge. Check out the details at FSC. Thanks for stopping by! Best, Yvonne

13 comments:

Terry said...

Wonderful "guy" creation right down to the background paper! Love the top hat! Have a great weekend!

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Yvonne, this is a gorgeous male card! Mentioning men with a checkered past made me smile...some are wicked aren't they lol. Everything blends in so beautifully, lucky guy that gets this card.
Dot x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Yvonne, you've created a beautiful card with wonderful elements.

Brenda Brown said...

Wow Yvonne, this card really caught my eye as my immediate reaction was it should be in a glass case on show somewhere. It is fabulous. I love the mix of elements you have used and the collage style. It's very spooky you know as I stamped a bee on one of those tickets yesterday to make a DT piece coming up in a few weeks. How strange is that?
Have a great Sunday.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous collage card, love all the details and stamps you used, I agree it would look fab framed.
Yvonne /Meggymay x

Fliss said...

Just gorgeous Yvonne. Love the image with the dog tooth background and the sepia tones are so classically vintage.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card. Love the houndstooth backing and all the elements you brought together so successfully.
Also love the muted colours and the ribbon.
Wishes
Lynne

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful vintage creation! Love the images and the buttons galore ;)

Have a lovely Sunday! Hugs, Joanna x

Ephemera said...

Stunning card Yvonne with so many gorgeous elements to look at. The background paper is the perfect backdrop to your fab stamping, love the addition of the bees and buttons. Will have to check out both those stamp manufacturers now. Have a great Sunday. XX

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Yvonne, the men with a checkered past stamp is gorgeous. Sue C x

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful card Yvonne, I love the image and 'framed' perfectly.
Love the background and different elements you have used.
Avril xx

Marjie Kemper said...

What a great masculine card. Love the hat and buttons!

Shirl said...

Yvonne your work is all amazing, also you have such a unique style which is fabulous.

So sorry I won't have time to leave a comment on every piece but I have looked at them all and I am just blown away.

Hugs Shirley x x