Followers

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter Blooms




I am entering the card above into two challenges. The first is for the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger. The inspirational photo, Winter Blooms, is above. As I studied the photo, I immediately felt drawn to pull out some soft gray card stock for the card base. I wish I had flower stamps that replicate these pretty pompoms, but since I do not, I chose a Petals and Patterns Boxed Set by Hero Arts. Next I chose Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, Tattered Rose and Pumice Stone Distress Inks to stamp my flowers. I decided to only use three of the four flowers in the end and balanced my card out with a sentiment and some vintage buttons and cheese cloth. A bit of pink lace and some black and white Baker's Twine completes my card. The other challenge I am entering is for Crafty Cardmakers Challenge. For this challenge, the requirement is "No Floral Embellishments." Floral paper, stamps, etc. can be used, but no floral buttons, paper flowers etc. are to be added to our project. Hoping everyone is having a great day. A special thanks to my most recent followers for joining in and to all of my followers for your consistent visits and encouraging comments. I really appreciate your support. Best Wishes, Yvonne

15 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Hi Yvonne, this is such a feminine card, great touch with the addition of the buttons.
Avril xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Yvonne, what can I say really love this beauty of a card such gorgeous stamping and soft delicate colours a real gem . Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck.

Marie

Scrapcat 1 said...

your card is fabulous so soft and delicate I love the stamps you have used and it echoes the inspiration picture beautifully.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and we hope to you again soon.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful card in great colors. Love all the details.

Meggymay said...

Fabulous card, love the lace and trimmings.
Yvonne x

Brenda Brown said...

Love this card Yvonne, such a gorgeous palette and you've replicated it beautifully.
xoxox

Terry said...

So pretty are these Winter Blooms! Beautiful touch with the lace! Have fun!

Miss Iowa said...

Beautiful card. I love the muted colors.

J said...

I love the colours you have used and the lace is the perfect embellishment. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Jackie

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

How elegant! Great ....

greetings, Alie :-)

Anonymous said...

So lovely! The cheese cloth bits are wonderful!
smiles,Deena

Beate said...

Lovely card! Great take on the inspiration photo.
Hugs and smiles

Amy said...

This is gorgeous!!! Beautiful take on the photo! :)
Amy
redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

Svenja said...

So lovely! Beautiful colours and great composition.

Fliss said...

A gorgeous creation Yvonne. Love those soft colours and the card layout is beautiful.
Hugs, Fliss xx