Followers

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Steampunk 2017


Greetings. This is my very first post for 2017. Some of you who have followed me from the beginning know that my husband has been in a battle for his life for many years.  Sadly, for me, he went to be with the Lord on December 23, 2016. After taking some time off, I decided to restart my art, in honor of my late husband, my biggest supporter and as it has always brought me solace.

My first post is for Inkspirational. Challenge #131 is a photo inkspiration challenge.  I saw it as very steampunk, but in reality, I believe the collage of objects is my Alice In Wonderland, Mad Hatter!

I hope you will stop over to see the different takes on the challenge by our talented Design Team, and then create and submit a project of your own for possible consideration as our top pick.

My card reflects the colors of the photograph by using spray inks and ink pads in similar colors.  Images are by Oxford Impressions. Embellishments are Tim Holtz for Ranger.

Thanks for dropping by.

Best, Yvonne







9 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Great steampunk card Yvonne, love the elements you have used on it.
I am so sorry for your loss but I know you have great faith and strength that will help and guide you through these very difficult times. I'm glad you are able to rekindle your love of art and be creative again which will I hope will bring you some comfort, peace and healing time.
Sending you huge cyber hugs and love xxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Yvonne, it's so lovely to have you back with us all again and your card is superb. I'm really fond of the 'True Gentleman' stamp and he looks great on your card. It's a fabulous mix of stamps, colour and a perfect layout. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

sandie said...

The perfect take on the photo and your true collage style. I am pleased that crafting is helping you at this time, sending my love xx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Yvonne, lovely to see you posting again and with such a fabulous card.
A great background, perfect for the images ans theme.
Avril xx

Marina said...

Welcome back Yvonne- our blog has been poorer for the lack of your wonderful cards with your own special style. This is a great interpretation of the photo and very atmospheric.

Nonni said...

Great to have you back and see you creating again, Yvonne! I hope our little crafty Ink group will bring you some joy during this difficult time. Your steampunk card is wonderful, I love the colors and our use of details, that doggie on right corner really makes me smile! Sending my best wishes xxx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I'm so impressed you are already back...art is the most wonderful therapy, and what a wonderful piece you've done. I love steampunk and this is just super special. Hugs to you.

Shauna said...

What a fantastic card! I am so happy to see you jumping back into your art work. I love your use of the cogs and your creative use of inks and splatter. Great interpretation of the photo!
- Shauna

cm said...

My heart is hurting for the emptiness you're feeling with Jack's passing, but at the same time, I feel a sense of joy that you're re-entering your 'journey into artistry' in his honour. Each time you create, I'm sure you sense his supporting, loving presence; definitely a comfort and a source of solace. You are strong and resilient...an inspiration in every way, my friend. As for your card: WOW! Once again, your ability to combine elements/textures/dimensions has me marveling! Where I struggled with this photo, you found entry points that brought your creativity to the fore! Absolutely sensational! I'm so thrilled you're back! We'll take care of you! Big virtual hug - the squishy, squeezy kind - headed your way!
Hugs~c