Followers

Monday, January 16, 2012

Make My Monday - Challenge 32 - Create a Scene

The challenge over at Make My Monday for Week 32 continues with the Nature theme and specifically is to "Create a Scene." This is probably the very first "scene" I have ever created. I marvel at others who do them, but I always think I don't have the right stamps to try. I really wanted to give it a go, though so I decided to go through my old wood mounted stamps and came up with this beautiful group of Horses by Inkadinkado, Pinon Silhouette by Stamp a Mania, Woodland Grasses by Hero Arts and a sentiment by Anna Griffith. I am also entering this card into the Anything Goes challenge at Pan Pastels UK's Challenge blog. My PanPastels just arrived in the mail over the weekend, and I thought I might as well dive in. I began by adding PP in a light blue, pale yellow and olive green to cream card stock. The colors a bit lighter here than in person, so I will probably adjust my values in the future. Being my first try with PPs, I wasn't sure what would work with them. I was delighted to find that Memento Ink, which I used for the Pinon Silhouette and Horses worked well. I also found that I could easily watercolor the Horses with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and was able to distress the edges to give the scene a vintage feel. To finish off the card, I added some flocks of birds from the Beyond the Sea plate by Artistic Outpost, a border punched with an EK Success border punch and some Baker's Twine and a button.

19 comments:

Suzi B said...

I don't believe this is your first attempt at a scene Yvonne ...it's wonderful! thank you for joining in at MMM
Suzi B x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

A stunning card, and the scene that you have created is fantastic. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful scene! Lovely card!

Mynnette said...

You could've fooled me that this was your first attempt! This is spectacular!!! Thanks for joining us again at MMM! :)

Eileen said...

I find it hard to believe this is your first attempt at a scene! Its just beautiful... do more, you have a natural talent. thanks for joining us at the PanPastel UK challenge xxxx

Claire said...

Beautiful work Yvonne, your scene is gorgeous and I love the PanPastel background you've created. Thanks for joining us at PanPastels and good luck
Claire xx

Crafty_Fairie said...

Stunning work thanks for joining us at PanPastel uk.

Kerry DT Leader

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful country scene, looks so restful.
Yvonne x

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful country scene, looks so restful.
Yvonne x

Suzanne Brookfield said...

Youo're an artist Yvonne! This is a wonderful scene! So very clever! Thank you for entering it into the Make My Monday challenge this week!

lindyloo said...

you have create a beautiful sence using the panpastel thank you for joining us at panpastel uk linda x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So wonderful. The horse are fabulous.

Jacqueline said...

Fabulous scene Yvonne - thanks for joining inat MMM - Jacqueline xx

Cazro said...

Congratulations, your first scene is wonderful. Thanks for perservering, this is what challenges are all about. Caz from Make My Monday.

lena-dailyscrap said...

Beautiful card! Love those soft colours!

Val said...

This is fabulous. And for a first attempt you have done an amazing job. Thanks for joining us at MMM this week.
Hugs
Valxx

Brenda Brown said...

Yvonne you have created a fabulous scene here and the horses, birds and background give a brilliant perspective to it. Thanks so much for linking it to the PanPastel UK 'Anything Goes' challenge this week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Fliss said...

Wow! Just gorgeous Yvonne and love the inking and stamping - fabulous!
Thanks for joining in over at MMM.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Maria said...

Wow, this is stunning! I love your scene and the soft effect you've created is beautiful.

Maria x