Followers

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sail Away


Greetings! A bit behind with my posts, so I hope you will forgive me for a second one this evening.  I wanted to join the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show where the theme is Passport to Fun and we are to create a Travel themed.  My husband is celebrating his birthday later this week, so I decided to create a card for the challenge that would also work for wishing him a Happy Birthday.  He is a sailor so my mind went to this gorgeous set of images by Crafty Individuals.  The clip art is by CI as well. The various images were stamped with Faded Jeans and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.  The card was grunged up with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and splattered, carefully, with water drops.  In retrospect, I should have distressed my card first but, sometimes, you change your mind midstream!  Mini gears by Idea-ology and burlap string purchased at the Funkie Junkie Boutique complete my card.  I will also be submitting my card to the Sunday Share at Frilly and Funkie.  Thanks for stopping by.  Hugs, Yvonne

5 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Love this, Yvonne - what a beautiful, distressed background with great stamping!
Alison x

Candy C said...

Yvonne...your husband should LOVE his birthday card! It's beautiful! I love the random stamps that you've stamped in blue on the distressed background. That nautical theme really works well with the two darker stamped and matted pieces you've added on top. The little mini gears and twine are a nice touch! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Happy Birthday to your husband! <3 Candy

Lisa Minckler said...

Fantastic masculine make and that background is amazing in the hues you've chosen and really make those photographs pop; which, by the way are INcREdIBLE!!!! :)

Sandra said...

What a wonderful card! Love all the pretty stamps and the lovely picture! So fitting on this card! Your hubby is gonna love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Sailing away is definitely my favorite mode of traveling! I love your theme, and the vintage feel here Yvonne! Fabby! Thank you for traveling with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!