Followers

Saturday, April 6, 2013

My Beloved Bethany Beach


There's a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.  The theme for the next two weeks is "Journaling."  I love this style, but have not ever really tried it myself before.  I began with a "journal" page.  I sprayed four different colors of Dylusions Ink Sprays onto the page.  I stenciled several Dylusions Stencils with Picket Fence Distress Stain.  The bathing beauty, sea gulls and beach house are all images by Crafty Individuals.  The crab, starfish and shells are from Artistic Outpost.  I wrote on my journal page with black and white ink, several quotes that remind me of my days at the beach.   
While I resisted the urge to add embellishments, I did allow myself just a snippet of recycled white mesh in the lower left corner.  Now that I have officially started my journal, I think I will continue to fill the pages.  What fun!  I hope you stop by FSC to see all the gorgeous inspirational pieces of my Design Team Sisters and then create one of your own to share with us.  Have a wonderful weekend.  Hugs, Yvonne

14 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely page Yvonne, love the images and the green is very eye catching . Great background. Tracy x

Mynn xx said...

What a super fun challenge, Yvonne!!! I'll definitely have to play along. :) Gorgeous page and fabulous images. The greens are such a great background for your beach images! Fabulous, friend!!!

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Yvonne...I love this beach theme and you have captured the feelings that go with the beach beautifully!!! I guess I am "lucky enough" and this piece has bought the biggest smile to my face.
Dot x

Terry said...

You made me think about how nice it would be to have a day at the beach! Love this journal page and all the images! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Journal page Yvonne ! I love the colours and the theme is fabulous! Sue C x

Annie said...

Love the colours you have used here Yvonne. Brilliant beach images too. TFS

Annie x

Claire said...

Beautiful page Yvonne, love the colours and the pop of white stencilling looks fab. Hope you're enjoying the weekend
Claire xx

Meggymay said...

Fantastic beach themed page, great images and colours.
Yvonne x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Great page Yvonne, I love your emerald green palette! Oh how I wish to be able to sunbath on a beach right now... especially with the weather being so cold at the moment! :) xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic, I love the fresh green.

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous colours, stamps and memories. A great journaling page Yvonne.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Shirley said...

Yvonne I just melted into your page. The beach scene is fabulous as is the image soaking up the sun.

Hugs Shirley x x

Words and Pictures said...

What a lovely page... the spritzed green gives such texture as well as depth, and I love all those white highlights, whether the images, or the stencilling in the background - delicious!
Alison x

Ellie Knol said...

So lovely...