Followers

Monday, April 15, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

My heart is heavy as I watch the events unfold at the Boston Marathon as I create this post. This card is for a challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show where the challenge is to use a Background stamp in some way on your project.  

I began by wrapping white lace in layers around my card base.  My new favorite past time of painting doilies with Distress Paints came next.  The center matting was created by repeatedly stamping a complimentary background stamp in Dusty Concord Distress Ink that I received from Crafty Individuals where I ordered some other images.  Layered over top, there is a focal image by Gecko Galz.  Several butterflies by Cavellini were stamped with more Dusty Concord DI and then embellished with Milled Lavender Distress Stickles and added to the card front.  Liquid Pearls, a vintage seam binding bow and button complete my card.  Thanks so much for stopping by. Our thoughts and prayers are with those in Boston.  Yvonne

8 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

This is soooo beautiful Yvonne...so perfect as a Mother's Day card
Dot x

Sue said...

Truly beautiful Yvonne, as Dot says, perfect for Mothers Day xx

Sophie said...

Eine wunderschöne Karte, Yvonne.

Liebe Grüße xx

Mrs.B said...

Such a beautiful card Yvonne.
Avril xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful card with fabulous details.

Kay Wallace said...

Granted, I haven't been a follower all that long, but this has got to be one of the most beautiful cards I have every seen--especially for Mother' Day! It so perfectly encompasses all things feminine, "motherly," in fact! That Dusty Concord has to be one of the most versatile inks/paints yet, and you have used it brilliantly! Kudos to you, Yvonne!

Darlene said...

This is Beautiful !!! Your Mum will luv it !!!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful and elegant! Love the white with a hint of purple! Glad you joined us this week at the Simon Says Stamp and Show!