Followers

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Happy New Year!

 
Greetings! A special thank you to newest follower!  Well, we are only days away from Christmas now!  I am not completely ready, but it's okay.  How about you?  I wanted to share with you today a card I created for our new challenge over at Inkspirational where this time around we have a Photo to inspire you.  
 
I hope you will stop over to see what the rest of the Design Team have dreamed up for you with this awesome photo as inspiration.  For my own card, I used a new stencil of the New York City skyline by Sheena Douglass called "The Big Apple."  The couple and sentiment are images from Artistic Outpost.  I colored in the buildings with Pan Pastels.  I did not have any fireworks stamp images so I added mirrored stars by Tim Holtz Idea-ology, instead.
 
 
We look forward to seeing what you create and hope you will submit a project of your own.  Merry Christmas!  Hugs, Yvonne
 

 
 

10 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Simply stunning! I can totally see how you've used the inspiration image and the scene you created is just incredible. Great design!

Nonni said...

What a cool stencil, Yvonne! Your card is so artsy and beautiful, I love the dark colors in this. Merry Christmas! xxx

Karen M said...

Stunning Yvonne - I love the beautiful feel of your card:) Thanks so much for having me along with you guys at ink this week:) xx

sandie said...

gorgeous design and wonderful elegant feel to this card x

Kim M said...

Great take on the picture! Love the lovely scene you've created. Beautiful! :-)

Marina said...

This is fabulously atmospheric - what a great scene you've created!

Michele said...

what a gorgeous new year card! wow! xo

Pia Larsen said...

Such a cool card with the mixed media look.
Have a wonderful Christmas, yvonne.

Words and Pictures said...

Great stencil, and lovely work with the PPs for a fab card. Wishing you and yours a peaceful and joyous festive season.
Alison xx

cm said...

Apologies for my late commenting, but here I am, oohing and ahhing over the stunning street scene you've created. Unique and incredibly pretty! You've brought a much needed smile to my face; thank you! Another THANK YOU for the fabulous stamp set gift...excited to get them inky!
Hugs~c