Followers

Monday, April 1, 2013

Untie Your Wings

Greetings!  It is Monday, and that can only mean one thing, another challenge at Make My Monday.  This week, the challenge is to create a "One Layer Card."  There is to be no matting, layering or embellishments.  That's why it's a challenge!  I pulled out my white card stock, cut an 8x8 card base and got started.  I smooshed Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint and Weathered Wood Distress Paints onto my craft mat, spritzed water and drug the card base through it.  I tilted the card base to get runs and then air dried it.  Next I stamped this beautiful, new stamp image and sentiment from Red Lead Stamps with Black StazOn Ink.  I could not resist filling in a bit of the white space with Broken China Distress Ink stenciled through a Dylusions and Tando Stencil.  I'll also be submitting this card to the Frilly and Funkie Challenge for the Sunday Share as the Distress Paints were purchase at The Funkie Junkie Boutique at a great price.  I hope you have a beautiful week.  Hugs, Yvonne


10 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Very pretty Yvonne, lovely fresh colours.
Have a good week.
Hugs Brenda xox

Miss Iowa said...

Such a wonderful clean and simple card! Very artsy. :-)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful CAS card with fabulous spring feeling.

Pia S said...

I'm SO impressed - I struggle with one layer cards, but this one is gorgeous! Great inking and choice of images!

Rossella said...

What a fabulous one layer card.
Thanks for playing along at Make My Monday this week
Rosie x

Words and Pictures said...

Beautiful card, Yvonne - the stamping is wonderful with those inky effects... Congrats on your win over at AO - well deserved!
Alison x

Mynn xx said...

I'm SO glad that you joined our challenge--this is amazing! Look at you going all one-layer and CAS! ;) This is gorgeous--love the bird theme and the fun colors! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Interesting collage - very pretty!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, what a fabulous one-layer card. The very idea of one-layer sends me running in the other direction but you have nailed it with this beauty. Your background is sensational - love those colors and that's a terrific stamp.

Always such a pleasure to have you sharing with us for Sunday Share at Frilly and Funkie. Good luck in winning the 25% off shopping spree!

Hugs,
Linda

Cazro said...

A beautiful CAS one layer card, well done Yvonne, so pleased you joined in again with us at MMM. Caz