Followers

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Honor Your Heart

 

Greetings and thank you for stopping by! My post today is for the new challenge over at Inkspirational.  This time around, our challenge is to create a project using "She Art" or if you prefer, a feminine figure.  "She Art" to me represents designs that feature women and sentiments that are meant to encourage or empower us.  I am not sure how long "She Art" has been around, but I have begun to notice more and more of it in the past several years and am really drawn to it for some reason.  For my own card, I began by misting the card base with several shades of Dylusions Ink Sprays.  The focal image and sentiments are from Donna Downey and were colored in with Towbow Markers.  I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the Design Team have cooked up to inspire you and then submit one of your own designs!  Hugs, Yvonne

7 comments:

sandie said...

You sure did challenge me here! I got there and appreciate the challenge to push me outside my comfort zone. The image here is perfect-it looks like she is willing herself to be postive. Love the spritzed bg x

Kim M said...

Wonderful card! Great idea for the challenge. Really made me think. Love your background and the image you used. :-)

cm said...

Yvonne, the challenge was 'challenging' but oh, how much I learned about both the style and the essence of She Art! I've been admiring your renditions of it immensely, and having the opportunity to explore the source of your inspiration has been rewarding! Your card: only awesome!
Hugs~c

Marina said...

This was a great challenge - it was actually challenging and I am enjoying seeing the different ways we have chosen to interpret it.

I love your gorgeous project - great splashes of misty colour and an unusual and lovely image - great sentiment too.

Words and Pictures said...

Fab inky background, and I love the colouring on the image. Those DD words are so powerful - must ink mine up again. What a great card, Yvonne.
Alison xx

Shirley said...

She totally looks feminine Yvonne, gorgeous make.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Becca Cruger said...

I'm finally getting a chance to go through some of the gorgeous cards made for the she art challenge, and I had to pop by to tell you that yours is SO stunning. Thanks for sharing some inspiration with us!