Followers

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wishing You Love

Greetings!  Traveling about, but wanted to join in over at Make My Monday where the challenge this week is to create a project around Vintage Weddings.  I knew I wanted to work on this card while traveling, so I grabbed a plate of stamps by Stampsmith called "Won't You Be My Honey."  I thought the image above could easily be a bride from a by-gone era.  I stamped her with London Fog Memento Ink onto Specialty Paper to give her a more subdued, vintage feel.  The sentiment, also by Stampsmith, would be appropriate for a wedding day card.  I layered a soft aqua and white pearlized designed paper over my card base for just a hint of color.  The vintage buttons were topped with pearls to continue the wedding theme and the corners of the photo were enhanced with paper corner tabs.  Some vintage seam binding, pom pom lace and copper butterflies complete the card.  Thanks, as always, for dropping by my blog today.  I truly appreciate each visit and comment.  Best wishes, Yvonne

6 comments:

Fliss said...

This is absolutely beautiful Yvonne. Love the gorgeous image and the pretty embellishing.
Lovely to see you entering this weeks challenge at Make My Monday too.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Cazro said...

Travelling about and yet you once again have come up trumps with a super card for the challenge. I love the Stampsmith lady (bride) so demure. Thanks for joining in our Vintage Wedding at Make My Monday. Caz

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the mini pompom trim!!! And your photo corners are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

Julia S-W said...

Beautifully vintage card Yvonne. I love the muted shades very much.
Juliaxx

Jacqueline said...

A beautiful card Yvonne - your image is stunning. Thanks for joining in again at MMM - Jacqueline xx

Anonymous said...

Supremely elegant Yvonne and I just love that colour choice.
Stunningly beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne