Followers

Friday, December 30, 2011

Whimsical Birthday Greetings

My brother-in-law, and one of his sons, both celebrate birthdays in early January. They are also both graphic design artists. One of them will receive this card for their birthday. I began with a Kraft card base and using Distress Inks stamped images from the Whimsical Melange plate by Artistic Outpost onto the card front. I stamped the frame and sentiment and pendants onto ivory card stock, water colored with Distress Inks, trimmed and mounted the images to the card front. Embellishments include Baker's Twine and Silver Liquid Pearls for a pop of metal. I hope one of them enjoys it.

We are currently away from home. I am once again working out of a duffel bag and wishing for many supplies I left back home! Cannot bring myself to leave some of my stash at our beach condo as then I will long for it back home! It does make you work with what you have, though, which is probably a good thing. How about you? Are finding time to squeeze some craft time in now that Christmas is over?

We will have a quiet New Year's Eve and Day here at the beach. Back home, in Pennsylvania, in the heart of Dutch Country, we celebrate New Year's with Pork, Sauerkraut, Mashed Potatoes, Bread Filling, and Gravy (also hot dogs) for good luck and wealth in the New Year. At the beach, in Delaware, they celebrate with Pork and Black Eyed Peas. Any special foods where you live? Have a great day! Xoxo, Yvonne

3 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

This is a lovely card Yvonne, beautifully stamped on the Kraft card and I love the banner. I am sure the lucky recipient will love it.
No special foods for us, but don't forget to raise a glass at midnight. I hope you have a wonderful new year and I wish you and your family love, hope, health and peace for 2012.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Meggymay said...

Wonderful card, with a lovely sentiment.
Yvonne /Meggymay. x

Terry said...

Once again such beautiful use of AO stamps! Love this! Have a fabulous New Year!