Followers

Monday, December 19, 2011

Peacocks and other birds

Yesterday, we celebrated my granddaughter's and her daddy's birthday. Isn't it special that they share the same birthday? Her daddy is a Graphic Designer and very artistic. Since her birth, and the birth of her brother, he has made them a cake each year for their birthday. As they were old enough to speak, they chose the theme for each party and daddy took it from there. This year, my granddaughter's theme was Peacocks and other birds. I had the privilege of making the birthday invitations, and unfortunately forgot to take a photo of one of them. It was a beautiful bejeweled peacock, though. And so for her birthday card, I chose other bird stamps and sentiments from the same set by Stampin Up and fashioned the card above.
With my son-in-law's permission, I am including some photos of the peacock cake he made. My granddaughter selected lemon as the cake batter flavor. My precious granddaughter, daddy and the cake are above.



It's the week of Christmas and I am really not close to ready. How about you? Well take care. Best, Yvonne

4 comments:

Meggymay said...

Love the card, the cake is spectacular and the peacock is fabulous.
Yvonne x

Brenda Brown said...

Oh my goodness Yvonne, what a very talented family you are. A superb card for your granddaughter and a magnificent cake for all to eat. How wonderful..
Have a good week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, a very yummy post. The cakes looks fantastic, such a great idea. I also love your card.

Shirl said...

My of my so much talent in one family the card and cake are amazing love them both.

Hugs Shirley x x