Followers

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Gone Fishing

 
Greetings and thank you for stopping by my blog! My card today is for the latest challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.  Our theme, "Gone Fishing." You can make a project with anything about fish, or even a boat on the sea! My card is quite simple, but I really was trying to capture just what was happening under the surface of the water, rather than the bottom of the ocean! I hope you will stop over to FSC and see all the awe-inspiring makes of the design team for further inspiration and then consider sharing a make of your own with us.  Please remember that we are a stamping challenge, so stamping needs to be the focal point of your piece.  One lucky participant will be selected to win a free stamp by our sponsor, Ink Art Designs.
 
 
For my piece, I began with a watercolor panel. I smooshed various Distress Ink Oxides onto a craft mat, one at a time, spritzed with water and mopped up the inkiness.  I sprinkled water onto the panel and heat set it. It lacked the dimension I was seek so I added spritzes of Distress Ink Sprays in Faded Blue Jeans and Broken China. The hook, sentiments, and fish are all by Paper Artsy and some of my favorite images.  Not sure why I am enthralled by fish, but I am always on the lookout for a new fish stamp! I think I am amazed at how many different fish God created! After stamping the fish on scrap water color paper, I put down more Distress Ink Oxides on my craft mat, spritzed with water and dragged the fish through the inkiness. I also added some color with TomBow Markers and a water pen. To finish off my card, I added sequins by Red Lead Paperworks.
 
We look forward to seeing what you are inspired to make! Thanks for stopping by. Best, Yvonne
 
 

4 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Yvonne. So much action happens under the sea! The fish are very wise here to ignore that hook! I love the oxide background with the extra dimension of the sprays. A gorgeous card.
Dot x
Ink Art Designs

Shirley said...

Your underwater scene is amazing and I love the added little quotes, very amusing.

This theme was a challenge for me Yvonne but hey that's what it's all about and I adored what I made in the end. Thanks sweets.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Hi Yvonne, your card is absolutely great. Wonderful underwater scene. Love it!
Hugs Carola

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Hello sweet Yvonne...hope this comment catches you doing fabulous. I LOVE the whimsical scene here and reminds me of a time at the beach and visiting the aquarium. Fun and fresh. Thanks so much for visiting me too, and sorry I haven't been around.