Followers

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Oh So Pretty!


Greetings!  It's Wednesday and time for another Word Wednesday Challenge over at 365 Cards.  This time, our challenge is to use the word "Pretty" to create our card.  As I looked around my art studio, and went through some clip art images, this ethereal image by Gecko Galz of a beautiful woman holding and studying a bird caught my eye. The ephemera on either side of her, is also by GG.  Since I worked with an 8" x 8" card base in order to frame the paper doily, I wanted to fill in the background somewhat.  I decided to use a Dylusions Stencil and Dreamworks Embossing Paste (yes, the jar is probably a decade old).  I poured a small amount of Spun Sugar Distress Paint onto my craft mat and smooshed the embossing paste into it with palette knife to colorize it.  After it dried, I applied some Gesso to the embossed diamonds to tone down the pink a bit.  A length of pink lace along the bottom, some complimentary pink dyed seam binding, a metal embellishment, buttons softened with Gesso, (all compliments of one generous Linda Coughlin at The Funkie Junkie Boutique) a feather, some cheese cloth and some liquid pearls complete my card.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your "Pretty" card.  My thanks to so many of you who wished me a Happy Birthday.  There is still time to sign up for my Birthday Blog Candy - see the sticky post at the top of my blog! Cheers, Yvonne

8 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

Oh, my, Yvonne! I love vintage *anything*, so I am so drawn to this! Love the softness of the embossing, and your final color is just perfect. I also appreciate your layering to build up your beautiful image! Just perfect all around!

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful composition! The texture of this design is fabulous! Marvelous presentation of that most delicate image! Nicely Done!
Hugz,
Chana

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fabulous - great vintage feeling.

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful trimmings and image.
Yvonne x

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully layered and embellished card Yvonne.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely lovely - the Spun Sugar embossing paste looks so pretty, and the central image is beautifully framed by the lace and ephemera you've chosen.
Alison x

Pia S said...

"I feel pretty, oh so pretty..." This song just popped in my mind...And your card IS pretty - a beautiful vintage design! I hope you had a fantastic 60th birthday!

cebelica said...

So feminine - I love it! Hugs! xx