Followers

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Inspiration and Good News!

Greetings!  A huge welcome to all of my new followers!  Sharing today a card I made for the challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.  The challenge is to create a project "Inspired By" someone or something, the inspiration is ours to decide.  I am inspired EVERYDAY by a number of Artists that I follow online.  To pick one would be difficult for me!  When I sat and pondered the challenge theme, I decided to go in another direction with one of my favorite, and first discovered, stamp companies, Artistic Outpost.  From the moment I stumbled onto their stamp images I was smitten.  They pulled me in, help define my "style" through the use of their images and really helped me grow as an artist.  For this challenge, I decided to create a card with images I recently acquired by AO.  I love the rich details, the vintage-like, historical essence they portray.  I thought I was going to go with a lot of color when I first sat down to make this, but in the end, the images were so gorgeous on their own, I decided to stay more neutral.  I may give my original design a go another day, though!  I also wanted to share with you that I was recently selected to join the Design Team over at Eclectic Ellapu!  I discovered this challenge site earlier this year and have enjoyed a number of their challenge offerings.  I was delighted when I saw the call to join the DT and elated when I was selected.  I'll be back in a few weeks with my first piece for Eclectic Ellapu.  Thanks so much for dropping by today.  Yvonne

9 comments:

Sandra Wright. said...

An absolutely fabulous card.I adore the images and love that sentiment...I love Artistic Outpost too...

Hugs
Sandie x

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card.
Congratulations on your new DT post.
Yvonne x

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous card to celebrate your wonderful news. Many congratulations and so well deserved.
hugs {Brenda} x0x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, congratulations on joining the team at EE, Yvonne, that's fantastic news! You'll be a great asset to the team...
And, as you probably know, I couldn't agree more about AO stamps - they are an inspiration in themselves. I love what you've done with the Paperboy set here, and I think the neutrals work so well with these images, plus that pop of the red lettering is very cool!
Alison x

Claire said...

Hi Yvonne, what a gorgeous card, your design and those wonderful stamps don't need a lot of colour to make something very special. Congratulations on your new DT spot,and very well deserved too as you are so talented and creative
Claire xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fantastic card, looks really wonderful.
Congratulations on your new DT post.

sandie said...

Congrats Yvonne, such fabulous news, you are perfect for this challenge site. And your card today is a great tribute, love the sentiment and buttons x

Anna-Karin said...

Congrats!! Stunning card! The stamping is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Yay yah yay you!!!! So happy for you!!! Way to go! Your card here is gorgeous! I love these AO old NYC images...so glad you were inspired! Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp and Show!