Followers

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter 2009

This year, I have to different cards to send to friends and family. I made a lot of cards last year, but did not have time to write notes in them and send them in a timely manner to everyone, so, I saved them for this year. Fast forward another year, and I have to make some new cards to send to those I did send last year's card too! So...below is the card I made last year. I fell in love with this stamp when I saw it. I just loved the simplicity of the duck family and its representation of spring. I chose Lemon Chiffon card stock and after stamping the duck family, colored it in with soft chalks. I chose various background papers from my stash to mat the image and finished with Happy Easter as the sentiment.
As for this year, I selected a beautiful stamp from Artistic Outpost, and stamped it in Sienna ink on various soft pastel colored card stocks. Since the stamp has such a beautiful border, I chose not to add another mat, beyond leaving a quarter inch around the stamped image. I contrasted each image with another pastel card blank and decided to add a chocolate satin knotted ribbon and some copper or brown brads for dimension as an embellishment. Though the card does not say "Happy Easter" I think the birds and pastel colors emulate the Easter season.





No comments: