Followers

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Dance Ballerina, Dance!

 
Greetings! It is time, once again, for a new challenge over at Inkspirational! This time, the challenge is to make a project based on the inspiration photo below.

 
Though my first thought was to go very similar to the photo above, in the end, I decided to go a bit more colorful. I grabbed a scrap piece of water color paper that had some mop up ink on it and using a Red Lead Paperwork stencil to trace around the edges before cutting the ballerina out.  The background was also created using a Red Lead Paperwork stencil. I doodled around the edges after distressing with Spun Pink Distress Ink and added some sequins for fun.  I hope that you will pop on over to Inkspirational to see what the rest of the design team has created and then share a project of your own with us.  Best, Yvonne

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday Yvonne! I hope you are doing something fantastic to celebrate!
Love this card... layering the image over the text is a unique, fun idea!
- Shauna

Karren said...

This is such an inspired take on the photo. So beautiful!

Marina said...

What a happy card this is and so pretty in pink. Happy Birthday -I left you a message on my blog, and a spoiler of the card I've sent to you, if you haven't received it yet.

cm said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Yvonne! Hope your day was marvelous! Speaking of marvelous: your card is certainly that, with the sweet ballerina and the delightful sentiment! So pretty and inspiring!
Hugs~c

Nonni said...

This is truly wonderful, Yvonne. I love the large sentiment and the way you placed your ballerina on top if it. Very stylish, original and artistic.