Followers

Monday, April 13, 2015

April Showers

 
Happy Monday everyone!  Back today with a card I created for two challenges.  The first is for the new challenge over at Make My Monday where the theme is April Showers.  My card was also created for the challenge over at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge, which is also looking for projects with a theme of April Showers.
 
To create my card, I began with a piece of hot press water color paper.  I added Brusho Cyrstals in four colors to the card and spritzed with water.  When dry, I stamped raindrops by Designs by Ryn, repeatedly over the card panel.  A bit of white ink was added to each drop to make them glisten!  A strip of Washi Tape by Scarlet Lime was added to the bottom of the card panel.  The focal image is by Unity Stamps and was stamped on scrap card, fussy cut and colored with TowBow Markers and mounted to the card panel.  The sentiment, by Oxford Impressions was stamped on scrap card and secured to the card panel with washi tape from 3M. The panel was matted with black paper and attached to a card blank. 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.  I truly appreciate every visit and thoroughly enjoy your comments.  Hugs, Yvonne


5 comments:

Fliss said...

This is fabulous Yvonne. Such a lovely image and an amazing background.
Thanks for joining the fun this week at MMM.
Fliss xx

Marina said...

I love this card Yvonne. The brusho's, although bright colours, give a soft spring-rain-streaked effect. And I love the stamp.
Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

Donna B. said...

What an awesome card! I love those raindrops. Thanks so much for joining us this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!! I love your stamped raindrops - They really do seem to magnify the color behind them!! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Debbie said...

Beautiful! Love the colors on the background and raindrops! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!